Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sleep be damned, its research time!

Was just trolling around for info on chilli growing tips, and found that spraying a 2% Epsom salt solution every two weeks or so onto the leaves of the chilli plants will increase the size of the plant substantially, but not so much the yield. Epsom salts are high in magnesium (their chemical name I think is magnesium sulfate), which the plants are supposedly lacking in. I might try spraying a couple when I get the chance, see if there is any noticeable difference. Wont be a real test though, I don't have enough plants of the same type to compare sprayed Vs non-sprayed, plus if its going to help, I want to do it to all my plants! This is what I found at Down to Earth Distributors:
  • Magnesium (Mg) Aids in chlorophyll formation and energy metabolism; it increases oil production in flax and soy beans; helps regulate uptake of other elements.
Quite simple really. Bring on the Epsom!

No comments: